What happened on the Tent bridge ground in Nottingham during 3rd ODI cricket match was a complete mayhem. The ruthless attack by the English cricketers left the inexperienced Pakistan side completely stunned. England piled a world record 444 before dismissing the visitors at 275/10 to seal the bilateral series with some astonishing stats and records.
Winning the toss England elected to bat first and put on a huge 444/3 on the scoreboard after 50-over. Alex Hales 171 (122 b, 22 x 4s, 4 x 6s) was the highest individual scorer in the match. He got an excellent support from Jos Buttler (90*) and Joe Root (85).
Records and Statistics At A Glance
- England recorded the highest ODI team score ever in a cricket match. Previous best was 443/9 recorded by Sri Lanka against Holland in 2006.
- Alex Hales (171) recorded the highest individual ODI score from England. Robin Smith’s 167* was the previous best for England.
- England hit 16 sixes in the match, which is the highest ever sixes scored by them in an ODI cricket match.
- Jos Buttler is now the fastest fifty-scorer for England in ODIs. He got his half century in just 22 balls at a strike rate of around 227.
- Hales and Root added 248 runs partnership, which is the highest run partnership against Pakistan in a ODI cricket match.
- Mohammad Amir’s 58-run knock in this match is the highest ever score recorded by a number 11 batsman for any team. Previous best was 43 scored by Shoaib Akhtar in 2003.
- Mohammad Amir became the first ever number 11 batsman to get past 50-run score in a ODI cricket match.
- With this series win, England are now invincible in the bilateral series against Pakistan since 1974.
- Wahab Riyaz (10-0-110-0) is now the second most run conceded bowler in the history after Mick Lewis.
Records Of TrentBridge ODI Are Here To Stay
The unbelievable stats recorded at Nottingham ODI cricket match have really very dim chance of getting broken too early. No doubt it took around 1 decade to get a new highest ODI team score. Similarly, a team scoring 444 will have to ensure that it’s entire top order click without a single fail. It’s difficult task indeed.