Asia Cup Twenty 20 Championship – India thrashes Bangladesh
India made its roaring entry in the Asia Cup T20 Championship by thrashing Bangaldesh by 45 runs in the opening match of the tournament. India score a challenging 166 for six with a brilliant 83 given by Rohit Sharma.
Indian cricket team restricted Bangladesh to 121 for 7 making it a shameful loss for Bangladesh at their own home soil, the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka.
It was a much needed victory for India after their disastrous loss in ODI series against Bangladesh last year.
Catch some interesting highlights of the India vs Bangladesh Asia Cup 2016 Match here:
- This was the first evr Asia Cup match played over Twenty20 format.
- India has won all the three matches against Bangladesh in the T20s – by 25 runs at Nottingham on June 6, 2009; by 8 wicktes on March 28, 2014 and by 45 runs at Dhaka on February 24, 2016.
- This year India has won six t20 matches out of seven – raising the winning percentage of India to 85.71%
- India enjoys an incredible rate of success at 57.01% under M S Dhoni’s able captaincy – with 32 wins, 24 losses, one tied and one no-result game out of a total of 58 matches.
- Rohit Sharma’s praise-worthy score of 83 runs off 55 balls is the highest ever by an Indian batsman vs Bangladesh in T20s.
- Rohit Sharma was adorned with his third Man of the Match award in T20s – he received the first two awards against South Africa in 2007 and 2011.
- Ashish Nehra displayed his excellent bowling skills with 3 for 23 – it is his performance till date against a test-playing nation in T20s.
- Hardik Pandya, despite of being a new comer, scored 33 runs off 18 balls – his highest socre in T20s.
- Yuvraj Singh has entered the club of 1000-runs in T20s. He has joined Virat Kohli (1223), Rohit Shrama (1149), and Suresh Raina (1136).