Casting couch is something which is akin to Bollywood for the last several years. Many newcomers have to go through the mental and physical anguish of casting couch in their lives. Of late celebrities have started spilling the beans. Both men and women actors have fallen prey to this.
Here are 5 Bollywood celebrities who faced Casting Couch
5) Ayushmann Khurrana: Before establishing himself as an actor, Ayushmann Khurrana did a lot of TV shows as an anchor. It was during that time a casting director asked him for sexual favors which he instantly declined. Khurrana recently told ANI that casting couch is a reality in the film industry but it’s only through talent that a person survives there in the long run.
4) Surveen Chawla: The pretty actress started her Bollywood journey from the film Hate Story 2 in 2014. She admitted facing the casting couch in the southern film industry where she was only given bold roles post ‘Hate Story-2′ release.
3) Kalki Koechlin: She is among the few celebrities who has been vocal about the presence of casting couch in the film industry. But she has succeeded to keep those things away by declining film offers when things seemed to be going out of her hands.
2) Ranveer Singh: Bollywood’s handsome hunk has recently opened up about his struggling days in Bollywood. In an interview with NDTV, the Bajirao Mastani actor revealed how he was often approached by directors with a sleazy agenda. They often asked Ranveer to be open to ‘take and touch’ while being sexy. But the actor refused to surrender and it was only because of his sheer talent that he is a household name today.
1) Kangana Ranaut: The actress has been vocal about the sexual harassment and favors rampant in the Bollywood. She too boldly faced such things as a newcomer. At a recent event, Kangana Ranaut revealed how she was approached by someone for a sexual favor which she instantly rejected.