FRIEND… just a 5 letter word but enough to bring a big smile on our faces. All those insanely beautiful moments start floating in front of our eyes. A lone tear makes an appearance and at times a trail starts to flow. This is the magic of friendship, a true friendship. They might not be with us, we might not have seen each other for years, or talked since ages, but the moment we see a group of friends going around, playing or having fun- a smile makes its way, memories of our own group starts flooding.
Howsoever shitty day it was, those nincompoops could make it exceptionally beautiful. Because of them we start loving the place we might have hated the most- because that’s the place where you bumped into them. That’s the place where you spent most of the time. That’s the place of memories, of yours.
The moment I decided to write reasons why friendship is priceless, I just smiled. All those memories kicked in. But why!!! Because these strangers might not be my blood relatives, but now complement me.
So here are just few drops from the kelson of reasons why those mad people and their friendship is priceless.
1. Schools would have been prison, the morning assemblies would have been torturous and lunch would have been just time to eat; colleges would have been boring, if they didn’t exist.
2. On whose shoulder you would have cried while talking about what a mess life is? Or who would have cracked those sleazy jokes to make you smile, when you were in tear?
3. Who would give you the world’s weird names and embarrassed you in front of the world by howling them in public or declaring it on social networking sites? (Best is when you can never explain it to your parents or elders why this name!!!)
4. Behind whom you would have run miles, to just beat the shit out of them. Wait! But for what reason? Who cares? You just need to kick their asses off.
5. Those birthdays would have been flavorless, had friends not been there. Those cake smearing days, those moments when you entered into the class or even public transports they started singing “Happy Birthday” and embarrassed the hell out of you.
6. The moment when you all are sitting together and laughing out loud, picking jokes at each other without caring for the world- those are the moments when you just pause for a second and look around for a second and think “yeah these *your favorite colorful words here* are my people”.
7. You might fight with them and swear to never talk again, but the moment something comes up, be it the crush passing by or the enemy passing a smile-anything and everything will make you forget all. You are bound to share and wait! Amidst that you will realize that you two had a fight but over, who knows.
8. With whom you would have talked about your crush- crush on teachers, on some random stranger or talked about love of your life? Who would have teased you or with whom you would have been drooling over some random person you saw.
9. If you have a book nerd as your friend, then you know what exactly I am talking about. With whom you would have drooled over the hardcovers, Knickerbockers, Penguin drop caps? Or your favourite reads? Or latest reads? Or made the friend envy about your latest purchase? Or talking about your next purchases?
10. Whom would you have called at all the weird hours, just to say that you are not sleepy or to talk nonsense of the world.
11. Last but surely the most awaited. Those fights over last slice of pizza or cake or that last cookie, or for the last sip of hard drink. Or may be those golgappa competition.